World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Gondrecourt-le-Château

Article Id: WHEBN0015887574
Reproduction Date:

Title: Gondrecourt-le-Château  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Fernand Braudel, Communes of the Meuse department, Louis Jacquinot, Arrondissement of Commercy, Francis Bowditch Wilby, Ornain, Luméville-en-Ornois
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Gondrecourt-le-Château

Gondrecourt-le-Château
Gondrecourt-le-Château
Gondrecourt-le-Château

Coordinates: 48°30′51″N 5°30′28″E / 48.5142°N 5.5078°E / 48.5142; 5.5078Coordinates: 48°30′51″N 5°30′28″E / 48.5142°N 5.5078°E / 48.5142; 5.5078

Country France
Region Lorraine
Department Meuse
Arrondissement Commercy
Canton Gondrecourt-le-Château
Intercommunality Communauté de communes du Val d’Ornois
Government
 • Mayor (2008–2014) Stéphane Martin
Area
 • Land1 51.33 km2 (19.82 sq mi)
Population (1999)
 • Population2 1,377
 • Population2 density 27/km2 (69/sq mi)
INSEE/Postal code 55215 / 55130
Elevation 287–428 m (942–1,404 ft)
(avg. 280 m or 920 ft)

1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.

2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.

Gondrecourt-le-Château is a commune in the Meuse department in Lorraine in north-eastern France.

On January 1, 1973 (prefectoral order dated December 1, 1972), the communes of Luméville-en-Ornois and Touraille-sous-Bois merged with and became part of it.

Notable people

  • Louis Jacquinot, former Minister of the Marine (Navy) in 1944
  • Fernand Braudel, historian born in Luméville-en-Ornois 1902
  • Fernand Fleuret, writer and poet, born in Gondrecout April 1883
  • André Droitcourt, former Deputy of the Meuse from 1993 to 1997

See also

(Gondrecourt-le-Château)

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.