World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Marklowice Górne

Article Id: WHEBN0011896301
Reproduction Date:

Title: Marklowice Górne  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Cieszyn Silesia, Czech rail border crossings, Petrůvka (river), Polish rail border crossings, Marklovice, Dolní Marklovice
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Marklowice Górne

Marklowice Górne
Village

Village's centre
Marklowice Górne
Marklowice Górne

Coordinates: 49°53′7.52″N 18°35′12.66″E / 49.8854222°N 18.5868500°E / 49.8854222; 18.5868500

Country Poland
Voivodeship Silesian
County Cieszyn
Gmina Zebrzydowice
First mentioned 1305
Government
 • Mayor Tadeusz Guz
Area 4.64 km2 (1.79 sq mi)
Population 920
 • Density 200/km2 (510/sq mi)
Time zone CET (UTC+1)
 • Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)
Car plates SCI

Marklowice Górne [marklɔˈvit͡sɛ ˈɡurnɛ] is a village in Gmina Zebrzydowice, Cieszyn County, Silesian Voivodeship, southern Poland. It has a population of about 920. Piotrówka River flows through the village.

The village of Marklowice was first mentioned in a Latin document of Diocese of Wrocław called Liber fundationis episcopatus Vratislaviensis from around 1305 as Marklowitz.[1] It belonged then to the Duchy of Teschen, formed in 1290. In the 17th century it was split into the two parts, Marklowice Dolne and Marklowice Górne. They were joined together again at the end of the 19th century. After division of Cieszyn Silesia between Czechoslovakia and Poland in 1920, it was divided between these two countries. They were briefly reunited in the same country 1938-39 after Poland's annexation of Zaolzie, although as two separate gminas in two different powiats: Cieszyn (Marklowice Górne) and Frysztat (Marklowice Dolne). Today's Marklowice Górne is an eastern part of that village. Western part of the village is now known as Dolní Marklovice and lies in the Czech Republic.

See also

Footnotes

References


Coordinates: 49°53′7.52″N 18°35′12.66″E / 49.8854222°N 18.5868500°E / 49.8854222; 18.5868500


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.