Zaborze, Cieszyn County

Zaborze
Village

Blessed Virgin Mary Church

Coat of arms
Zaborze
Zaborze

Coordinates: 49°52′17.5″N 18°48′35.24″E / 49.871528°N 18.8097889°E / 49.871528; 18.8097889

Country Poland
Voivodeship Silesian
County Cieszyn
Gmina Chybie
First mentioned 1574
Area 5.92 km2 (2.29 sq mi)
Population (2008) 1,005
 • Density 170/km2 (440/sq mi)
Time zone CET (UTC+1)
 • Summer (DST) CEST (UTC+2)
Postal code 43-520
Car plates SCI

Zaborze [zaˈbɔʐɛ] is a village in Gmina Chybie, Cieszyn County, Silesian Voivodeship, southern Poland.[1] It has a population of 1,005 (2008). It lies in the historical region of Cieszyn Silesia.

It was first mentioned in a written document in 1574. Originally called Podpierściec, probably of its vicinity with the village Pierściec.[2]

Footnotes

References


Coordinates: 49°52′17.5″N 18°48′35.24″E / 49.871528°N 18.8097889°E / 49.871528; 18.8097889

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.