World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Development Minister of Israel

 

Development Minister of Israel

Minister of Development (Hebrew: שר הפיתוח‎, Sar HaPituah) was a portfolio in the Israeli cabinet between 1953 and 1974. The ministry was responsible for government-owned mineral extraction companies and the country's geology institute. The department also set up both the quarry rehabilitation fund and the Dead Sea Works.

The post was scrapped in 1974, and succeeded three years later by the Energy and Infrastructure portfolio (today known as the National Infrastructure Minister). Since 2005 there has also been a Minister of Development of the Negev and Galilee.

List of Development Ministers

Parties

      Mapai/Alignment/Labor       Mapam       Independent Liberals       Gahal

No. Name Party Term of office Govt. (P.M.)
1 Dov Yosef Mapai 15 June 1953 3 November 1955 4 (Ben-Gurion)
5·6 (Sharett)
2 Mordechai Bentov Mapam 3 November 1955 2 November 1961 7·8·9 (Ben-Gurion)
3 Giora Yoseftal Mapai 2 November 1961 23 August 1962[1] 10 (Ben-Gurion)
4 Yosef Almogi Mapai 30 October 1962 25 May 1965 10 (Ben-Gurion)
11·12 (Eshkol)
5 Haim Yosef Zadok Mapai 31 May 1965 12 January 1966 12 (Eshkol)
6 Moshe Kol Not an MK[2] 12 January 1966 15 December 1969 13 (Eshkol)
14 (Meir)
7 Haim Landau Gahal 15 December 1969 6 August 1970 15 (Meir)
8 Haim Gvati Alignment (Labor) 1 September 1970 10 March 1974
9 Haim Bar-Lev Not an MK[3] 10 March 1974 3 June 1974 16 (Meir)

1 Died in Office

2 Kol was an MK for the Independent Liberals, but resigned his Knesset seat when he was appointed Minister, per party policy.

3 Whilst Bar-Lev was not an MK at the time, he was elected to the next Knesset as a member of the Alignment.

Deputy Ministers

Parties

      Independent Liberals

No. Name Party Term of office Govt.
1 Yehuda Sha'ari Independent Liberals 17 January 1966 (1966-01-17) 15 December 1969 (1969-12-15) 13·14


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.