World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Gau Southern Hanover-Brunswick

Article Id: WHEBN0018242200
Reproduction Date:

Title: Gau Southern Hanover-Brunswick  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Administrative divisions of Nazi Germany, District of Galicia, Gau Mainfranken, Reichsgau Oberdonau, Gau Eastern Hanover
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Gau Southern Hanover-Brunswick

Gau Südhannover–Braunschweig
Gau Southern Hanover–Brunswick
Gau of Nazi Germany

 

1933–1945
 

Flag Coat of arms
Flag Coat of arms
Location of Gau Southern Hanover-Brunswick
Capital Lüneburg
Gauleiter
 •  1933–1940 Bernhard Rust
 •  1940–1945 Hartmann Lauterbacher
History
 •  Establishment 30 January 1933
 •  Disestablishment 8 May 1945

Gau Southern Hanover–Brunswick (German: Gau Südhannover–Braunschweig) was a regional district established in 1933 in Nazi Germany. Initially the gau was a territorial component of both the Free State of Prussia and the Free State of Brunswick from 1933 to 1935. However after the German constituent states were abolished in 1935, the gaus replaced them in their responsibilities. Gau Southern Hanover-Brunswick was dismantled after Germany's defeat in 1945. The territory after the war became part of Lower Saxony in West Germany.

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.